...........That's what I used to tell my oldest daughter when she was a little girl!! Well, my "little" girl is now married and recently discovered ABin5. I suggested she make english muffins - because they are incredibly amazing! So, I thought I'd put up directions to help her (and maybe others) out.
1. 18 oz of dough Master Recipe from either ABin5 or HBin5. Cloche the dough and divide into 6 pieces. On a separate board, sprinkle a little cornmeal to place your muffins while they rise.
2. Form each piece into a ball and then flatten slightly:
3. Sprinkle a little cornmeal on top and let rise for 20 minutes:
4. Heat a nonstick pan or griddle with a little oil (I used olive oil) over medium heat/flame. Heat oven to 350. Carefully pick up muffins, turn them over and place in heated pan. Set timer for 5 minutes
5. After 5 minutes, turn heat to low, flip muffins over and set timer for another 5 minutes:
6. After 5 minutes is up, put muffins in the oven for another 5 minutes. Let cool ~15 minutes. Poke around the edges with a fork - do not cut these open with a knife!! Then, carefully, pull the top and bottom apart.........................NOOKS n'CRANNIES!!!
7. Put in the toaster and top with butter. YUMMMY!!!
P.S. I love ewe Mogalin xxxooo